mdk: cooker individual software?

JoeHill joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Thu Nov 27 12:59:21 UTC 2003

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 19:50:40 -0500
Lloyd D Budd <lloyd-fEEwcc3XMu8jODpR/OX0VQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> I want to keep my version of evolution the same across my different
> machines (different distros).  "The current stable release of Ximian
> Evolution is v. 1.4.5.".  This release is not appear to be in the stable
> version of Mandrake.  How do I install this?

I just did some hackin' about with it myself, and it looks like you would need
to upgrade your install of libgal as well, and you could end up descending into
a deep dark pit of dependencies.

9.2 comes with

root-ZIJyqw/fGic at public.gmane.org:/home/joehill/downloads>$rpm -qa | grep libgal
libgal2.0_5-1.99.9-3mdk
libgal23-0.24-1mdk

and it looks like you would need libgal2.0_5-1.99.10.

I did a search and could not find any 9.2 packages for that. I even tried "urpmi
--auto-select to see if there were newer packages anywhere, and no libgal. You
would probably need to update your whole install to cooker. I bet Austin would
know an easy method for doing that.

He should have something like a bat signal, except with the Mandrake logo ;-)

--
JoeHill ++ ICQ # 280779813
Registered Linux user #282046