Mail Setup help!

William Park opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Tue Nov 25 17:58:40 UTC 2003

On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 03:29:00PM +0800, JM wrote:
> hi,
>
> this is my setup:
>
> Internet ---- MAILSERVER (owned by sister company)
> 					| ( LAN )
> 			     Sendmail Box (FreeBSD) ( lies on our sister company's data center )
> 					| ( LAN )
> 				Qmail Box (Linux) ( lies on our data center )
>
> currently all mails arrives at MAILSERVER. all mydomain.com is relayed to
> Sendmail box w/c is where all our mail boxes of mydomain.com users lies.
>
> now i want to relay all mails relayed to Sendmail Box to be relayed to Qmail
> box.  can someone point me to a howto on this...
>
> info:
>  i can eliminate Sendmail Box.. but i cant because i dont want our sister
> company to know that we are storing our mails inside our place.  because
> they'll be asking us to use our own internet pipe for mails.. hehehehe..

Turn <Sendmail> into secondary MX for <mydomain.com> and tell it not to
accept mails for <mydomain.com>.  Hmm,
    - edit zonefile
    - edit /etc/mail/local-host-names or .mc source
Turn <Qmail> into primary MX for <mydomain.com>.

--
William Park, Open Geometry Consulting, <opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org>