Has anybody tried Xandros OS?

Chris Aitken aitken-BwLjziHGQLusTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Tue Nov 25 15:26:57 UTC 2003

Paul Mora wrote:

> [...]
>
> Xandros also includes Crossover's Office and Plugin products, so if you
> must run those Windows apps and browser plugins, you can do it.  Xandros
> is all Debian under the covers.

How friendly is it to running Windows games? I use other distributions, but

I would love to make a gift of an easy, Windows-games-friendly distribution

for my son.

I have enough linux projects on the go without getting into wine. I would
love
to say, "Never mind Windows 98 - CivilWar General and Warcraft will run in
Xandros. Merry Christmas."

Chris