subtracting value in Gnumeric

Chris Aitken aitken-BwLjziHGQLusTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 24 17:13:39 UTC 2003

Chris Aitken wrote:

> Does anyone know the formula to subtract the values of one
> cell from another in Gnumeric?
>
> I know how to add a contiguous group of cells:
>
> =sum(B2:B30)
> # then I hit the arrow button to activate the formula.

I actually figured it out myself. Just substitute the : with
-

> What is it to subtract one cell value from another. To subtract
> the value at B10 from B3, should I expect something like..?
>
> =difference(B10-B3)

=sum(B3-B10)

That did it. I'm a grade 10 math flunky so I
didn't think my inbtuition would count, but it did.
Subtracting is just adding, where one number is
negative.

Or should I just take my working formaula and
quit while I'm ahead?

Chris