Toronto Municipal Open Source Revolution, anyone ?

JoeHill joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 24 11:33:33 UTC 2003

On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 18:06:34 -0500
"Robert McDonald" <robert-yzlPDbdf3LosA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Check this out and if it suits the need of TLUG for this project I'm happy
> to contribute.
>
> http://lampware.info/tiki

Very cool, and I don't even know what a "CMS thingy" is!

Seemed to register ok, already got the confirm email and I'm logged in.

I'll try reeeaaaaaaal hard to stay on topic

(must...not...spout...commie...crap...)

and contribute something useful, this is something I've been wanting to be a
part of for a long time. Thanks!

> click on the featured link on the right.. The IDA Open Source Migration
> Guidelines

Wow. I think "limited number of publicly available case studies" is a bit
understated:

"They have been developed with guidance from public sector IT experts from
Denmark, Finland, Italy, Germany, Malta, the Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, and
Turkey. The relevance and readability of the Migration Guidelines were validated
with the help of the regional authorities of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Germany."

Holy shite! Geek power, eh?

> Robert
>
> P.S. saving  seven million might be an over statement.
> What do politicians and weather forecasters have in common ?
> Just because they say something.. does not mean it's going to happen.

Amen.

Heh. I just clicked on "My Tiki". You got one o' Hein's Mac icons there, he'd be
seriously pissed... ;-)

--
JoeHill
Registered Linux user #282046