IBM Linux Video, going OT...

Max Blanco blanco-S8qYAnHmZTt34ZA5RureAJ4VBq8PJc8F at public.gmane.org
Sun Nov 23 18:48:34 UTC 2003

On Sun, 23 Nov 2003, JoeHill wrote:

> On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 11:56:08 -0500 (EST)
>
> ...and now even more recently in the U.S., where "corporative fictions
> allows individual men to deny any (moral) responsibility for their
> actions". Huge monopolistic conglomerates are now making anything the
> USSR concocted in terms of corruption pale by comparison. The corporate

You have a way with words...

> masters no longer even bother to make a secret of their control of the
> President, and the cronyism is beyond what us mere mortals can even
> comprehend.

You seem to comprehend quite nicely...

> You need to distinguish between bureaucratic collectivism, like the
> former USSR or China or Microsoft <grin>, and the collectivism that
> characterizes the OSS or Free Software community. As Keith would point
> out, I am sure, it is a fine line, easily crossed given the right
> circumstances, but an important one nonetheless.

Perhaps you have a point, but I classified linux under private ownership:

"Hey guys! Look at my piece of free speech.  It dingles and it
dongles when conjoined with another piece of free speech.  You can
reproduce it or not, as you see fit, with certain restrictions to allow it
to remain free speech.  Fill your boots."

This can be seen in agglomerations lke sourceforge, which can be
considered as a kind of bazaar marketplace, or on lists like this, for
that matter.