PHP IDE for Linux

DanG dgenn-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sat Nov 22 22:42:01 UTC 2003

Try Boa constructor.  http://boa-constructor.sourceforge.net/

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-tlug-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org [mailto:owner-tlug at ss.org] On Behalf Of Jason
Slaughter
Sent: Saturday, November 22, 2003 3:31 PM
To: Toronto Linux Users Group
Subject: [TLUG]: PHP IDE for Linux

I've been trying to find the perfect IDE for PHP programming on Linux,
but so far I've been coming up short. Maybe I have unrealistic
requirements, but I thought I should ask here to see if the TLUG has
any insight.

Up until now I've been doing all of my PHP programming in gvim. I love
vi, and up until now gvim has done everything I want. However I've
started working on more advanced PHP projects, and I'm finding myself
in desperate need of some of the features that an IDE. Mostly I need a
step-through debugger, but things like code completion and file
management are nice too.

Ideally I'd like to find the following:
- IDE with support for PHP
- Runs on Linux
- step-through debugging (using dbg perhaps?)
- "vim" compatible editor (this is the hard one :) )

I would settle for just using gvim with a step-through PHP debugger,
but so far I haven't been able to find a way to do this. I looked at
Quanta, but its debugger (dbg) has been purchased by the makers of
PHPEd and it's now an IDE without a debugger. So I tried NuSphere's
PHPEd and it seems pretty good but $300 US is a little steep (though
not unreasonable), and of course it doesn't support vi cursor
controls/etc. ;)

So, does my Perfect PHP IDE(tm) exist or not? :)

Jason