What are good Firewalls

JoeHill joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sat Nov 22 21:27:27 UTC 2003

On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 14:31:05 -0500
Mark Vining <marvinin-NOBIIgrgD1YV+D8aMU/kSg at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> I have an extra P150 that I am going to set up as a firewall. Are there
> any good Debian Packages I should look at?

I'm not too sure about Debian packages, but you can set up pretty kick-ass
firewalls with any of these sol'ns:

http://leaf.sourceforge.net/

or the one I use:

http://www.bbiagent.net/

you don't even need an HD or CDROM drive in the machine, if that's the way you
wanna go.

The king of 'em all, I suppose, though is Smoothwall:

http://www.smoothwall.org/

that one I believe runs off of a CD, supposed to be the best (free as in
beer) firewall you can get, unless you want to mess with configuring IPTables
yourself with a full-blown distribution install like Debian.

--
JoeHill
Registered Linux user #282046