'Lindows heads north' article

Marcus Brubaker marcus.brubaker-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Sun Nov 23 02:27:07 UTC 2003

On Sat, 2003-11-22 at 14:06, Kevin Cozens wrote:
> Greetings, all.
>
> What could be the scariest part of the article at:
> http://www.globetechnology.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20031120.gtlind1120/BNStory/Technology/
> is probably in the first line of the last paragraph.
>
> >Mr. Dugas said that Lindows.com's main target is government sales.
>
>  From the comments I have read so far, I think I would prefer the
> government to be running some other version of Linux rather than Lindows.

Lindows is about bottom on my list of Linux distribution choices.  It's
almost *worse* than Windows because it tries to run Windows apps but
when they work worse than they did on Windows (since the Lindowsized
version of WINE is definitely not perfect) Linux will take the blame.

Of course, on the other hand, once they have machines running Lindows,
transitions like MS Office to OO would be easier which could eventually
lead to them selecting a better distro once Windows apps were no longer
an issue.

--
Marcus Brubaker <marcus.brubaker-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org>