sendmail + mutt (debian) setup question

Byron Q. Desnoyers Winmill lists-Gb8Tj4xcA4YgsBAKwltoeQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Nov 19 07:43:12 UTC 2003

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003, Robert Brockway wrote:
> So if I suggested tin as the world's best newsreader, that'd be bad
> right? :)

Oh, I prefer tin and slrn over pine.  I also prefer elm and mutt over
pine.  For the newsreader bit, I shouldn't be spending too much time and
pine provides definite discoragement.  For the mail bit, I am a heavy
user of "roles" and it is easier to use my ISPs SMTP server (seeming as
many ISPs block the bloody SMTP port these days, and sending mail
through a private SMTP server is liable to snag it in a spam filter).

Next up, justifying the use of Microsoft Windows ...
                                                     ... just kidding!

Byron.