sendmail + mutt (debian) setup question

Max Blanco blanco-S8qYAnHmZTt34ZA5RureAJ4VBq8PJc8F at public.gmane.org
Tue Nov 18 23:57:03 UTC 2003

Hi All,

I have a debian woody ppc system.  I intend this to be an offline
computer, so nothing fancy.  I would like to mail to other users on the
same machine.

I have mutt and sendmail installed, but so far, I can't send or receive
mail.  It jst goes into nullspace somewhere.  I'm mystified.

Any ideas?  I'm not particularly tied to either mutt or sendmail, so if
some other combination can do the job with no hassle, I'll try it.

TIA,
max.