Probes

Teddy Mills teddymills-VFlxZYho3OA at public.gmane.org
Tue Nov 18 17:30:46 UTC 2003

I got the idea. a box that has zero services and only a few utilities like
snort, tcpdump and a few other diagnostic tools before the firewall.

Is there already distros that do this? Are these things called "pawns" or
"sacrifical hosts" TNG "probes" or something? I got Smoothwall, maybe I'll
just disable all the services of Smoothwall and use that.

Otherwise I'll have to make one up.
Make it so!

Keith says...