if iptables rules drop that packet, will they be displayed in tcpdump

Teddy Mills teddymills-VFlxZYho3OA at public.gmane.org
Tue Nov 18 08:07:42 UTC 2003

if  iptables rules drop that packet, will they be displayed in tcpdump?
Im guessing no, since they packets dont even get in the front door.

I guess my alternatives are to disable the rules and then use tcpdump, or
use the LOG functions in iptables...Probably easier to just temporarily
disable
the offending iptables rules.

Im really wary of security now. Like paranoid.

teddy mills
http://www.vger.ca

Mad Magazine VGER directives...
To collect...all that is collectable. To sell...all that is saleable.To
merchandise...all that is merchandisable.