Configuring KMail at home

JoeHill joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 17 20:13:26 UTC 2003

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 14:53:06 -0500
"Brad Fonseca" <linuxbrad-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> I just installed Mandrake 9.2 on my laptop.  I'm trying to configure
> Kmail to allow me to send email.  I receive email alright but when I
> send I get, "Sending failed: The server did not accept the sender
> address. The server responded: "Invalid extension (Fonseca) " The
> message will stay in the'outbox' folder until you either fix the
> problem (e.g. a broken address) or remove the message from the
> 'outbox' folder. Note: Other messages will also be blocked by this
> message, as long as it is in the 'outbox' folder The following
> transport protocol was used: linuxbrad"

It just sounds like KMail is misconfigured.

What do you have set for your smtp server in KMail? Is it the Rogers
smtp server or the local Postfix server?

What is "linuxbrad"? It looks like that is in the config field where it
should not be. The transport protocol should of course be "smtp".

--
JoeHill
Registered Linux user #282046