www interface to samba

Kevin Cozens kcozens-qazKcTl6WRFWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 17 19:54:05 UTC 2003

At 10:20 AM 11/17/2003 -0500, wooi wrote:
>Anybody have any experience with www interface to samba?  What I'm trying
>to do is to allow user to download/upload files from our samba server
>using any browser.  The thing that's important for us is user friendliness.

Are your other users which need the www interface other Linux users or are
they Windows users? If they are Windows users, the simplest method of
retrieving/uploading files would be via a share.

If you want to allow file upload via a www interface you will need to set
up your web server to allow PUT operations.

Cheers!

Packet:ve3syb-XXPEJ3/fxIc at public.gmane.org#con.on.ca.na|  Try to assimilate the world!"