Apple Color Plus 14" + XFree86 help needed

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 17 15:56:59 UTC 2003

On Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 06:28:52PM -0500, Max Blanco wrote:
> beige G3.  I'm reluctant to change xfree86.  I had a similar problem way
> back when, and I suspect it is a question of having the magic combination.
> The thing is, I'd rather not have to delve into arcana like the
> XFree86-Video-Timings-HOWTO... someone, somewhere out there has to have an
> Apple Color Plus 14" that works with X already.  I don't have the cashola
> to buy another, newer, one.
>
> Anybody have an Apple monitor that works but is headed for the garbage
> bin?
>
> There's another implementation of Xwindows out there??

Well perhaps the mode you want is the one called 640x480-etNlbFTGNQQ at public.gmane.org

Vertical sync of 66-67 hz and horizontal of 34-36khz.

Perhaps setting your 'Modes' to "640x480-etNlbFTGNQQ at public.gmane.org" will make it work.  I
think most video cards have that as a default mode in XFree86.

As long as you tell it the range for vertical and horizontal just big
enough that it will catch the mode you are asking for, it should work.

Lennart Sorensen