Old IBM Laptop

Alex Maynard amaynard-vQ8rsROW2HJSpjfjxSPG1fd9D2ou9A/h at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 17 14:11:55 UTC 2003

Hello All,

I'm planning to purchase a used laptop, which I would then install linux
on.  From previous discussion on this list it sounds like IBM is the best
bet. Are there any particular models of old IBM laptops to avoid for linux
or anything else I need to watch or am I basically okay with any laptop?
Also are distributions of linux particularly suited (or not suited) for
laptop use?

Thanks for sharing your expert advice with me.

Alex

Alex Maynard
Assistant Professor
Department of Economics