Missing device

John Moniz john.moniz-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sun Nov 16 22:16:25 UTC 2003

Anton Markov wrote:

> I have gotten it to transfer the video back to the camcorder using the
> Export feature in Kino, but I have never heard of dvbackup or dvconnect;
> what are they?  Try using the dv1394 output device; that's what I
> configured Kino to use.  Make sure the dv1394 model is loaded.

dvbackup is a command line utility to transfer any data, including dv,
to a camera via the ieee1394 port. You can actually backup (and later
restore) your hard drive to your camera (about 12GB's worth). Since it's
all command line, there's no worries about the speed of the cpu.
Ultimately, I want  to store my analog videos back to the same camera as
dv. I think dvconnect works with dvbackup, but I don't know exactly what
it does, except that the name would suggest it does the connecting.

John.