Linux Scanners

John Moniz john.moniz-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sun Nov 16 20:55:31 UTC 2003

This subject comes up once in a while, but since developments happen
quickly, I'd like to ask again.

I'm intending on treating myself to a scanner soon, but one that is good
for photo/film/slide scanning. I'd like to pick a brand that is very
Linux friendly, not just a model that is on the USB list. Which company
would be good to support? Is Epson as good with scanners as it is with
printers? I had a look at an Epson Perfection 1670 Photo scanner that
might fit my requirements, although it looks almost too inexpensive. Is
Canon still a PITA?  Any scanner suggestions would be welcome?

Thanks,

John.