running mpeg files

aitken-BwLjziHGQLusTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org aitken-BwLjziHGQLusTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Thu Nov 6 12:48:37 UTC 2003

Charly Baker wrote:

> On Friday 14 November 2003 12:56 pm, Keith Mastin wrote:
> > > "install 7.3 then upgrade"  --  that's easy to say, but how do you go

[...]

> You are braver than me.  Has this procedure caused problems for you with any
> of the systems you have upgraded this way?  I have some systems that I would
> like to get more up to date, but had always thought that the upgrade option
> would be too dangerous.

I have not had trouble with it. For me it is a "necessity" (only because I'm
not ready
to learn how to compile sound into the kernel, et al) - I need sound. Also, I
like AbiWord
which doesn't load out-of-the-box in 8.0.

I have not done an upgrade to 9.

This will all be academic pretty soon, as I am probably moving to Mandrake (out
of curiosity
and for my kids), Debian (because of the passion with which people on this list
speak of it) and
S.u.S.E. (because I may be moving to Europe, and I would like to leverege my
Novell skills).

Chris