running mpeg files

aitken-BwLjziHGQLusTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org aitken-BwLjziHGQLusTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Thu Nov 6 12:38:32 UTC 2003

Charly Baker wrote:

> "install 7.3 then upgrade"  --  that's easy to say, but how do you go about
> upgrading 7.3 to get to a configuration that could accept binaries prepared
> say for 9.0?

I don't fully understand your statement. I thought that upgrading upgrades all
packages, kernel - the works. So, you get everything you had and all the new
stuff. Unless my memory fails - for instance, when I upgraded from 7.3, my
sound
still worked, mpegs play, still had AbiWord, and my istallation of WordPerfect
was
still there, but I also got goodies that load with 8, like OO.

Chris