MS financial update

JoeHill joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Fri Nov 14 21:21:49 UTC 2003

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 15:00:37 -0500
Emir <emir-rdkfGonbjUTTQjIoRn/dzw at public.gmane.org> uttered:

> They remind me that most people still don't know/don't care, and Bill
> Gates is quite literally laughing all the way to the bank.

That's why we have to keep reminding them about things like this:

"A new computer virus targets PayPal users in an attempt to dupe
consumers into divulging sensitive credit card details. Mimail-I, the
latest in a series of security-threatening worms, has spread widely
since its first appearance yesterday.

Mimail-I typically arrives in an email with a subject line of "YOUR
PAYPAL.COM ACCOUNT EXPIRES", asking recipients to provide detailed
information about their credit card, claiming that PayPal is
"implementing a new security policy". "

and most importantly:

"Mimail-I is a Windows-only menace - Linux, Mac, OS/2 and Unix users are
immune, as usual."

http://securityfocus.com/news/7457

--
JoeHill