OpenOffice.org Performance

Greg Franks rgfranks-cmaem7PIVQT44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Fri Nov 14 14:55:48 UTC 2003

    >> There's something wrong here.
    >>
    >> I'll take Emacs or vi and LaTeX or troff any day.

    Christopher> I have to vote with you on this...

Ditto..

    Christopher> And I recall the "bad old days" when I had NO TROUBLE
    Christopher> processing a 150 page master's thesis, replete with
    Christopher> lots of gory mathematical formulae, on an old Atari
    Christopher> ST with 2MB of memory.

Wow -- I used 1M, and half of that was ram disk because I couldn't
afford the HD. :-)

    Christopher> The inefficiency of OpenOffice.org is pretty
    Christopher> stunning.  Almost enough to turn you off of C++ :-).

And you need 132M to display a clock these days too.  Your point is? :-)
  ..greg

--
   __@               Greg Franks              <|       _~@ __O
 _`\<,_         Ottawa, Ontario, Canada        |O\   -^\<;^\<,