Toronto Municipal Open Source Revolution, anyone ?

Byron Sonne blsonne-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Thu Nov 13 05:35:36 UTC 2003

> I believe we'll do best if we contact the city on a corporate level - so a
> consortium of small businesses could lead the charge.

I concurr; a business format to the matter would incurr better odds than
a pureley altruistic angle. But that is an opinion mostly.

OT, but case in point: when we put on theater during lunch period in
highschool (don't ask...) for *free*, basically no one showed. But when
we charged a dollar, we had alot more people. But if potential funding
did come for such an initiative it could indeed be in the form of
support fees, or salaries for staffing/contractors.

All the more intriguing now that I've been unemployed for a few weeks
with no immediate prospects that meet my needs (in terms of interest at
least). Is there somewhere (as relates to this particular/potential
initiative) that I could help out somehow, rather than just sitting here
idle? I don't mind shit-work if it really will make a difference; if
something needs to be done it needs to be done.

--

	For good, return good. For evil, return justice.