Toronto Municipal Open Source Revolution, anyone ?

Henry Spencer henry-lqW1N6Cllo0sV2N9l4h3zg at public.gmane.org
Thu Nov 13 04:07:56 UTC 2003

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003, Max Blanco wrote:
> I support Marcus' idea: community group meetings never seem to get off the
> ground because they don't seem to know the value of open
> agendae published beforehand, and properly taken minutes.

Almost every worthwhile meeting has one or more *decisions* as its goal; a
meeting that doesn't end in a decision is probably a waste of time.  Most
every other purpose for holding a meeting is actually better accomplished
some other way.

You need a prior agenda so everyone knows what needs to be done, all
necessary supporting information can be present, and everyone can see
whether the meeting is on track or not.

                                                          Henry Spencer
                                                       henry-lqW1N6Cllo0sV2N9l4h3zg at public.gmane.org