wikki

David J Patrick davidjpatrick-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Thu Nov 13 01:28:06 UTC 2003

---snip---

>Can the twiki machine forward daily synopses/updates to the tlug listserv
>so we all keep up to date?

The wacky twikki wikki can simply be logged onto, just like any webpage.
The difference is that it can be edited by any number of users.
And yes, there may well be a way to notify a list with updates.

>I support Marcus' idea: community group meetings never seem to get off the
>ground because they don't seem to know the value of open
>agendae published beforehand, and properly taken minutes.

    Yes, but another challenge to effective group meetings is the
inescapable fact that  we all have lives ! It gets in the way, man !
    We WILL have meetings, there WILL be agendas and minutes taken, but
in the mean time a mode that can capture a spare 15mins inspiration (or
an intense all-nighter) must be put in place. Something we can
contribute to when we have the opportunity and take advantage of when we
have the need. The working wikkis I have seen lately (knoppix docs, OSDF
etc) result in a clean, coherent, collaborative working document. A
strong wikki will be the backbone of productive group get-togethers.