Printing problem

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Nov 12 20:55:21 UTC 2003

Hi all,

  I have setup a Redhat 9.0 machine (fully updated) which has a Canon
BJC4300 printer. There is a Win98 laptop here as well. The printer is on
the Linux bos of the parallel port (lp0, iirc).

  I had the printer working just fine. I installed a second printer also
to use lp0 using a raw driver that was shared in Samba (needed to use
raw because  the win98 tried to format the print job and then so did
samba again). All was good and both machines printed fine for a day or
two. Now, I can't get either to print at all. I am in the middle of yet
again removing and reinstalling the printer using  Redhat's printer
configuration util.

  Does anyone have any insight into what might be wrong?

  Thanks!

Madison