thin clients

David J Patrick davidjpatrick-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Wed Nov 12 19:19:23 UTC 2003

Robert Brockway wrote:

>We'd need to tailor it towards the point of view of a city council.
>Details examples of other cities and governments that have implemented OSS
>solutions (there are plenty).  I'm a fan of thinclient and know that
>cities in the US and (I believe also) Europe have successfully setup
>thinclient to all or most of their desktops.

Absolutely ! The use of thin client solution should represent HUGE
savings in both hardware and system adminstration, while freeing
government employees from being chained to ONE desktop machine.
    Which mega corp is it (Sun ? IBM ?) that is using thin client with
passcards to enable client mobility ?