Regarding UserLinux, let's stop slagging Red Hat!

JoeHill joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Wed Nov 12 10:33:37 UTC 2003

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 20:02:59 -0500
"Tom" <Tom-QXpTDD2AffPSUeElwK9/Pw at public.gmane.org> uttered:

> Some people say this because they think that pushing home users to
> Linux too soon will be bad for Linux: one bad experience and they'll
> never be back. They are holding Linux back to help it (in their
> opinion).
>
> Isn't that why Red Hat is saying it?  Or is there some commercial
> angle that I'm not seeing?  Some reason why they don't want Linux to
> succeed on the desktop?

I don't have the foggiest notion as to what could possess a person to
say something so stupid, so I won't speculate as to his reasoning.

In the end, it is this timidity which gives MS the edge, this FUD they
are so famous for and which seems to have infected one seemingly
intelligent CEO.

--
JoeHill
Registered Linux user #282046