bye bye vi

David J Patrick davidjpatrick-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Wed Nov 12 04:49:36 UTC 2003

    Something terrible has happened; someone has hacked into my computer
NO! broken into my house and replaced vi ! vim ! gvim !
    REPLACED  I tell you !!
    And after all that learning curve ! I was just getting the hang of it !
    But, seriously, after the latest greatest upgrade, to ver.
6.2-127+1, It has COMPLETELY CHANGED ! No more modes, always has line
numbers, I can't event delete a line, save the file or ":q!" quit ! It's
bizarre !
    I tried running /usr/bin/vi, /usr/bin/vim/ , gvim, I tried hiding
~/.vim and I keep coming face to face with a complete stranger !
    Once again I am forced to plead insanity and throw myself at the
mercy of the LUG.
can ya help ?
djp