Regarding UserLinux, let's stop slagging Red Hat!

Tom Tom-QXpTDD2AffPSUeElwK9/Pw at public.gmane.org
Tue Nov 11 23:55:40 UTC 2003

http://www.wired.com/news/infostructure/0,1377,61166,00.html

Though I'm pleased to hear about UserLinux, I don't see why it is necessary
to slag Red Hat while announcing it.

Red Hat is not the enemy.  They are a (comparitively) tiny company that must
make money to survive, and in case you didn't notice, it is very hard to
make money developing open source software.  They are not hurting Linux.  If
you don't like some of their practises (ie. some closed source software)
then you go to a different distribution.  I think the purists should stop
fighting the non-purists and start fighting MS.

Tom.