Linux development position to be had..

Michael Galea MichaelGalea-4VtgCsEi+FIybS5Ee8rs3A at public.gmane.org
Tue Nov 11 21:17:34 UTC 2003

I'm passing this on for my boss...

RuggedCom has a position open for a highly motivated individual with at least five years experience developing embedded software for Linux based networking equipment. This role encompasses writing software, leading and managing development projects, hardware and software component selection and providing technical direction for future products.

The ideal candidate will have experience in many of the following areas:
 * Programming C/C++ for embedded systems and Linux
 * Embedding Linux into a custom hardware platform
 * Configuring, deploying, and troubleshooting network communications systems
 * Linux administration, GNU tools, CVS, Bugzilla,
 * Ethernet switching and IP routing
 * Layer 2 LAN protocols: RSTP, VLAN, IGMP,
 * TCP/IP and related Layer 3 protocols
 * Motorola ColdFire and PowerPC micro-controllers
 * Frame-Relay, ISDN, X.25, SMDS
 * Wireless networking: 802.11, FHSS,
 * Secure protocols: SSH, IPSec, 802.1x,
 * Firewalls / VPN
 * Network management: via SNMP
 * SCADA systems and protocols: Modbus, DNP

RuggedCom is a manufacturer of industrial hardened communications equipment. We produce a product line of Ethernet LAN switches and routers using state of the art digital technology. See our website at <http://www.ruggedcom.com> for more information about the company and products.  RuggedCom is a rapidly growing company that has an exciting and dynamic work environment with significant opportunity for personal growth. We also offer a very competitive benefits package.

Please direct your resume to Roger Moore at rogermoore-4VtgCsEi+FIybS5Ee8rs3A at public.gmane.org <mailto:rogermoore-4VtgCsEi+FIybS5Ee8rs3A at public.gmane.org>

Michael Galea
64 Jardin Drive, Unit 3G
Concord, Ontario, Canada, L4K 3P3