All across Toronto..

Keith Mastin kmastin-PzQIwG9Jn9VAFePFGvp55w at public.gmane.org
Tue Nov 11 16:34:59 UTC 2003

> On Mon, 10 Nov 2003, Robert Brockway wrote:
> Now, we're all free to give away our skills as we chose, but I've often
> wondered why computer skills are valued so poorly by many people that
> they expect their computer literate friends to give up their time and
> do these things for free when no other class of professional is expected
> to do this.

... but to be fair, we are the type that if we see a friend with a
computer problem, we are likely to offer advice and find ourselves fixing
not only the 'problem', but the plethora of underlying problems that we
see as the cause. Then we start cracking off about what a lousy OS windoh$
is and get to watch the eyes glaze over with lack of understanding (or
caring "just fix my email, okay?"). :)

--
Keith