All across Toronto..

Phillip Mills pmills-5bG9SNWDbRX3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Tue Nov 11 13:56:14 UTC 2003

On Tuesday, November 11, 2003, at 06:39 AM, JoeHill wrote:

> One thing I want to do though, as part of this "business", is to
> ever-so-gently promote the switch away from Windows, though in some
> ways
> I guess that's shooting myself in the foot!

Oh, I wouldn't worry about *that* too much.  I've seen much supporting
evidence for the quote, "Make it idiot-proof, and someone will make a
better idiot."  :-)

I know someone (outside Toronto) who switched from Mac to Windows
because there's more 3rd-party support available for Windows.  He
doesn't actually do anything that's OS-specific.
Me:   "In three years, did you ever *NEED* 3rd-party support for your
Mac?"
Him: "No, but I keep hearing about all these viruses breaking systems
and I wouldn't know how to fix that."
Me:   "Have you heard of them attacking anything *EXCEPT* Windows?"
Him: "Oh."

End result: his Windows system was unusable for most of the summer due
to Sobig or one of its friends...and he still doesn't have his printer
working.

Phillip Mills
Multi-platform software development
(416) 224-0714