All across Toronto -- fixing Windows

Fraser Campbell fraser-Txk5XLRqZ6CsTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 10 21:32:51 UTC 2003

On Monday 10 November 2003 15:40, Marcel (Free Thinker at Large) Gagne wrote:

> -- in the last couple of years that usually meant trashed by viruses.  What
> I do now is tell people, "I'll fix your Windows problem, but I'll fix it my
> way -- by installing Linux".

That's the approach I took with my mum.  66 years old with several years of
Windows experience behind her.  She was buying a new computer every couple of
years because it kept "getting slow" on her ... despite the fact she was
always just running Win98.

I offered to fix it by installing Linux on her existing computer but she was
so convinced that the computer was too slow that she insisted on getting a
new computer.  I insisted that I would only help her if she ran Linux and let
me buy quality hardware.  She's been running Debian for quite a while now
(not sure if it's been 1 year or 2) and never calls with questions, another
bonus is that she no longer emails me viruses anymore.

Halton Hills, Ontario, Canada                       Debian GNU/Linux