Slackware 9.0 default bash aliases

Scott Allen scotta-cpI+UMyWUv9BDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Sun Nov 9 13:10:46 UTC 2003

On Sun Nov 09,2003 01:58:39 AM William Park wrote:
> Those aliases are set up by 'dircolors' in /etc/profile.

You're right William, that's where it is! Thanks very much. I never
would have guessed.

It seems that the man page for dircolors provided in Slackware 9.0 does
not match the actual binary provided. The man page describes -p and
--help options that don't work, and the provided dircolors has a -z
option that is not described in the man page. There is no indication in
the man page that it can be used to set aliases.

> To define your own alias, use ~/.profile (or ~/.bashrc).

I'll do that (as I have for other distributions). I just wanted to
solve the mystery of the default aliases.

Thanks again,
Scott

--
** Scott Allen   scotta-cpI+UMyWUv9BDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org **