iptables

Kevin Cozens kcozens-qazKcTl6WRFWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Sat Nov 8 20:53:01 UTC 2003

At 03:03 PM 11/08/2003 -0500, you wrote:
> > I suppose it is possible. Which interface connects to your router and which
> > is used for the Internal LAN?
> >
> > eth1 connects to the cable modem eth0 connects to hub

I haven't had to deal with relaying traffic between interfaces (yet). The
thought that occurs to me is that you would need to have rules to allow
eth1 to accept the incoming traffic from the remote user. A forwarding rule
to reroute the external traffic to your internal LAN on eth0, and finally,
a rule on eth0 to allow traffic coming from interface eth1 which contains
an origin address of the external user. It looks like you have the first
two parts. You may just be missing the last step.

Cheers!

Packet:ve3syb at ve3yra.#con.on.ca.na|  Try to assimilate the world!"