Choosing a distro, PPC style ...

Zoltan/ZEE4 zhunt-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sat Nov 8 20:06:26 UTC 2003

I'm not sure if this is what your looking for but...

There aren't a lot of PPC motherboards around that don't come with an
Apple case, but you might want to look into is the Texon, which is sold
here under the AmigaOne name. Basically it's a ATX board with the option
of a mounted G3 or a socketed G3 or G4 and come with all the regular
features (USB1, networking, AGP, PCI, etc.). They sell for about $900
(Can.) for the base model last time I checked. There's a cheeper one due
out early next year with a mini-ATX form size. It will likely have a ATI
card built-in along with USB2 and Firewire built-in.

These boards have been tested with Debian and SuSE amoung others.
personally I've mostly used RedHat, so I'm waiting for YellowDog to be
ported myself, but might well go for SuSE.

see:
http://amigaone-linux.sourceforge.net/

or do a search for "AmigaOne Linux" on google, there's been a lot
written about these boards.

Zoltan
www.zee4.com