linux = impossible? (no offense meant!)

JoeHill joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sat Nov 8 16:42:22 UTC 2003

On Sat, 8 Nov 2003 11:27:29 -0500 (EST)
"Byron Q. Desnoyers Winmill" <lists-Gb8Tj4xcA4YgsBAKwltoeQ at public.gmane.org> uttered:

> Screaming your head off is going to get yourself nowhere.

Well, I don't think I did that anywhere in my post...did I? I just
wanted to point out that, although there *is* room for improvement in
the area of software installation on the Linux-newbie side of things,
the overall process is nowhere near as harrowing as many make it out to
be.

This is where education comes in, and the willingness on the part of
people like us to provide patient assistance where it is requested or
required. I really believe that, given the assistance and time to learn,
most will take to Linux the same way *we* did, enthusiastically and
happily, once they see the flexibility, stability, security and sheer
variety of GNU software. No worrying about Norton Antivirus updates, no
daily visits to Windows update to close the latest trivial exploit, etc.
etc.

I wouldn't compare frustrated Linux newbs to GWB, that is an egregious
insult!

--
JoeHill
Registered Linux user #282046