iptables

GDHough mr6re9-mI4xJ4qlgtBiLUuM0BA3LQ at public.gmane.org
Sat Nov 8 13:55:29 UTC 2003

Don't forget to include a rule to the INPUT chain as well:

iptables -I INPUT -p tcp -i eth0 --dport 8888 -j ACCEPT

-A is usually OK in the FORWARD chain but from my experience forwarding ports
to internal winboxes for online gaming -I is more likely to work. -I puts the
rule at the beginning of the chain as opposed to at the end (APPEND) Try -I
instead for all three.

HTH,
farmer6re9

On Friday 07 November 2003 23:23, gbell72 wrote:
> Evening
>
> I'm trying to forward a port to one of my internal machines from the router
> so someone can connect to one of my servers but it doesn't seem to work so
> far. The rules I gave to do this are as folows:
>
> iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp -i eth0 -d 192.168.0.1 --dport 8888 -j
> dnat --to 192.168.0.66:8888
>
> and
>
> iptables -A FORWARD -p tcp -i eth0 -d 192.168.0.66 --dport 8888 -j ACCEPT
>
> I'm using coyote linux firewall and figured it to be as easy as forwarding
> a port but no luck.
>
> thanks
>
> Gardner

Eating Crow is better with MyCrowSauce