Kernel 2.6 *almost* trojaned

Jason Slaughter jason-2F8E0OLjuh154TAoqtyWWQ at public.gmane.org
Fri Nov 7 15:05:04 UTC 2003

> One thing that occurred to me, thinking about Eric's adage, there are
> really *no* eyes on the Windows "kernel" (or whatever you call it). How
> many unknown/deliberate backdoors could be in *there*?

Well this particular hack was detected by automated software, not a pair of
human eyes, so if it were in closed source, and they were using the same
software, it would have been caught there too.

I tend to agree with the "ManyMany eyes make all bugs shallow" statement, but
this recent incident is not an example it in action.