SuSE's pkg managemetn

Byron Sonne blsonne-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Thu Nov 6 22:53:25 UTC 2003

> What does "work your package management" mean to you?  For example,
> using only OSS can you manage and update your software almost as well as
> you can on Debian?

Pretty much what it sounds like: manage your packages, update system,
etc. Better than debian, if you ask me, as my experiences with apt-get
are not particularly positive. One of those YMMV things, I guess.

And I quote: "Like all other parts of YaST2, the YaST2 package manager
is licensed under the terms of the YaST2 license. While not quite as
liberal as other licenses, it is still open source: Of course we ship
the sources along with it - just like the other packages of the SuSE
distribution. There are some restrictions, but most of them are relevant
only for commercial use - i.e. it prohibits other companies from making
profit by simply repacking and rebranding the SuSE distributions."

--

	For good, return good. For evil, return justice.