Mandrake is too ahead?

JoeHill joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Thu Nov 6 21:30:12 UTC 2003

On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 13:57:51 -0500
Lloyd D Budd <lloyd-fEEwcc3XMu8jODpR/OX0VQ at public.gmane.org> uttered:

> That does sound like a lot, but...
> How long has 9.2 been out?  Was "core" functionality broken? What
> functionality?  Estimate of percentage of users affected?  For how
> long?  Answers to those questions, though qualitative, would be more
> meaningful to me if I were to consider whether "Mandrake is too
> ahead".

IIRC, most of the updates were for KDE, mainly bugfixes, and of course
the LG-crap-CDROM-frying-kernel I guess. I didn't see a lot of people on
the MDK lists complaining, in fact quite the opposite. No "core"
functionality was broken that I'm aware of at all. The response time,
really, should be commended, considering, as Austin points out, the
resources are mainly volunteer testers/package maintainers and not much
else.

--
JoeHill
Registered Linux user #282046