IT Job creations... IT job losses?

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Thu Nov 6 05:51:38 UTC 2003

On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 05:58:40PM -0500, Keith Mastin wrote

> >   Upgrades can be put off, unless you want to run an app the *DEMANDS*
>
> Not if you're running servers for commercial clients, you can't. As soon
> as CERT issues the alarm, it's time to move, becaue there are a lot of
> pretty knowledgeable script kiddies out there exploring *nix. Every
> exploited linux system I've seen was lacking that one critical upgrade
> that the sysadmin should have paid more attnetion to.

  Question... how many Apache security fixes have there been in the last
3 years versus IIS ?  Postfix, Exim, and Sendmail combined versus MS
Exchange ?  Pine/Elm/Mutt etc., etc., versus Outhouse Excuse ?  Mozilla
(and derivatives thereof) versus Internet Explorer ?

Email users are divided into two classes;
1) Those who have effective spam-blocking
2) Those who wish they did