Nautilus problem as user in RH9

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Nov 5 15:59:12 UTC 2003

Hi all,

   I am putting together a machine here with RH9. I created a user and
everything seemed to be working fine until (as the user, not root) I
tried to launch Nautilus (specifically, clicking on the user's home
icon). Anyway, nothing happens. If I open a terminal window and type
nautilus (as the user) it simply falls back to the prompt, no error at
all. If I 'su' then launch Natilus though, it opens fine.

   This is a very stock install. Except for updating and adding a few
apps (ie. OpenOffice, Acrobat) there has been nothing done to this
machine. If you don't know why this is happening, would anyone know at
least where Nautilus logs errors to? I checked '/var/log/messages' and
'/var/log/XFree86.0.log' with no luck.

Thanks!!

Madison