Alternative to GAIM

Chris Aitken aitken-BwLjziHGQLusTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Tue Nov 4 10:56:47 UTC 2003

Clive DaSilva wrote:

[...]

> Hello Chris
>
> Not sure how to answer you. I did not run into any of those problems. I
> was able tar -zxvf amsn.whatever.tar.gz to create a directory which
> among other things had a compiled executable - amsn, which is working
> for me right now.
>
> Not sure waht to suggest

Ya, it turns out that right-clicking the downloads and choosing Save Link
As
didn't cut it - that just kept downloading links or somesuch. It wasn't
until I
started left-clicking (through all the redirections - and there were a
few) that
I finally downloaded a file that took more than a split-second. That was
the
real rpm - not the one named rpm but actually an html file. Eveything is
fine
now. My daughter is slumbering now with a head full of gossip and
"hotties".

zzz

Chris