how to log out without panel

Chris Aitken aitken-BwLjziHGQLusTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Tue Nov 4 05:53:18 UTC 2003

Keith Mastin wrote:

[...]

> That might work, but if it doesn't, you need to search $HOME with the -a
> switch

Not sure what that is...

[chris at p166 chris]$ $HOME
bash: /home/chris: is a directory

> so you can see the dot files. Delete all the .gnome directories and
> files and login.

I moved all the .g* files to another dir.

> This should create a new gnome profile for you to replace
> the fubar'ed one.

Hallelujah - it worked!

I don't know if I'm closer to figuring out how to copy launchers from one
accoutn to another, but at least I got my panel back and learned somehting.

Thanks, Keith.

Chris

: )