Alternative to GAIM

Chris Aitken aitken-BwLjziHGQLusTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Tue Nov 4 04:51:29 UTC 2003

Clive DaSilva wrote:

> Hmmn Chris
>
> I got a tar.gz file from sourceforge or maybe I was re-directed to
> Freshmeat. I untarred it and the executable - amsn
> was right there. Didn't have to compile it or anything.

I got it from freshmeat.net but can't untar/unzip it:

[root at p166 chris2]# ls -a amsnfls
.  ..  amsn-0_83.tar.gz
[root at p166 chris2]# cd amsnfls
[root at p166 amsnfls]# tar xzvf amsn-0_83.tar.gz

gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
tar: Child returned status 1
[root at p166 amsnfls]# tar xvf amsn-0_83.tar.gz
tar: This does not look like a tar archive
tar: Skipping to next header
[root at p166 amsnfls]# tar xzvf amsn*

gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
tar: Child returned status 1