Novell Buys Suse

cbbrowne-HInyCGIudOg at public.gmane.org cbbrowne-HInyCGIudOg at public.gmane.org
Tue Nov 4 20:37:45 UTC 2003

> haha, and maybe if they decide to finally open source suse, then redhat
> may have more of a competitor if Fedora is a catastrophy.

That seems unlikely to be more than a nonsequitor.

-> Red Hat is now moving in the same direction that SuSE went 2-3 years
   ago when SuSE cast off the notion of having a 'freely available'
   distribution in favor of having the collection be proprietary
   and selling it into markets where they are prepared to spend money
   to buy it.

   I see NO reason for SuSE to head back to a non-market that Red Hat
   has chosen to abandon.

-> If Fedora turns out to be a catastrophe (quite possible), then the
   Right Answer is likely to be for people to migrate to Debian and
   its derivatives.

   Or perhaps to *BSD.
--
(reverse (concatenate 'string "gro.mca" "@" "enworbbc"))