POLL: How many people on this list do not read industry news sites?

Emir emir-rdkfGonbjUTTQjIoRn/dzw at public.gmane.org
Tue Nov 4 19:53:51 UTC 2003

On 04/11/2003 14:29, Stephen Allen wrote:

|>Where is the discussion?  If you want a discussion, start by posting a
|>personal take, a commentary.  Link to a story that everyone (who actually
|>cares) and their dog (and dog's flees (and flees' virii)) have read is
|>not a
|>start to a meaningful discussion.
|

| Right here.

I'm sorry, I must've missed the lively, insightful, constructive discussion on
the two threads started on the Novell/SuSE merger story.  After all, it's been
3 hours since it was posted, and the story is burning hot, queues of posters
waiting for their turn to chime in, 2 threads started to make sure there is
sufficient capacity for all to partake...

...all the while Santa is on the Comoros Islands, making out with the Tooth Fairy.

|>I was once told that throwing cheap shots is a sign of an
|>intellectually-inferior mind that is unable to argue the issue on its
|>merits
|>and instead resorts to ad hominem attacks to further their point.
|

| Hm, I thought it was rather relevant.

How so?  Please, do elaborate.  Discussion, remember...

|>You obviously don't subscribe to that view.
|

| Not at another, whom has in the past delivered their own cheapshots.

I'm at a loss here, I have no clue whatsoever are you trying to communicate
here.  Did little Bobby fall down the abandoned mine shaft?

|>| BTW, is it really necessary to post encrypted/signed e-mail to an
|>e-mail list?
|>
|>Is it really necessary to explain the benefits of encrypted/signed e-mail?
|

| Pray tell what are they on a public e-mail list? Do we really need to have it
| verified, you are whom you say you are? I guess there are folks waiting in the
| wings, just licking their chops at the opportunity, to spoof a from, with your
| nick on it, to our little corner of the world.
| :o)

And the only people who are pro-privacy are criminals and terrorists because
they have something to hide, right?

Really, why *do* you find my GPG-signed message so offensive?
- --
Emir.

"In the end they will lay their freedom at our feet and say to us:
~ 'Make us your slaves, but feed us.'"         -- Fyodor Dostoevsky